Friday, September 15, 2017

A new blog, why now?

I recently read an article discussing how old is “old.” People in their early 20s think “old” is 50. People in their 50s and 60s think 70 is “old,” even elderly. Having recently celebrated my 70th birthday I do not consider myself elderly, or even “old.” To be sure I have had more than my share of orthopedic issues—so many my husband likes to kid me about having subscriptions. None of my six major joints are the ones I was born with. But I certainly am not frail—a condition I associate with be elderly.

There are several reasons why I wanted to write a new blog. At the top of the list are my love of travel and my success in remaining active following six major joint replacement surgeries. And while I’m at it, I’ve decided to write about some of my other passions: biking, hiking, knitting, and singing. I have been on biking and singing tours, I am about to go hiking in Vermont, and I usually have some knitting with me. That could easily be the reason why I have four or five major knitting projects in various stages of completion. Find me a person who loves knitting and doesn’t have multiple projects in the works.


And so, I invite you to come along with me as I continue to explore the world with my sticks (hiking poles and knitting needles) and spokes (the kind on a bicycle, or alternatively what comes out of my mouth!)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. You are famous in my family. My youngest sister Martha follows you and your scrap-booking forums. When she was here in June I offered to introduce you, but her visit was too short! So in the scrap-booking word you rock!!!

      Delete
  2. That's why I admire you!! Go girl, let us know more .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the name of your blog, Barb! Eager to read whatever you feel inspired to share.

    ReplyDelete

June 12, 1944- June 12, 2019: Still in Awe

June 12, 1944—June 12, 2019                         …It is not the pursuit of material interests that the mothers in the United Stat...